TICKERS PLEASE!!!

Guest xavthetrader

Question

Guest xavthetrader

Hi all,

I'm using the online IG platform and one thing which is greatly missing is... TICKERS!! How come a trading platform don't have tickers?! PRT and all trading platforms on the market have tickers. Traders speaks with tickers, not company names. So please could you add tickers ASAP (as soon as possible)... you see TICKER!! I need SPY, I need AAPL, I need NVDA, MSFT and so on. And I'm sure I speak for everyone else. 

I've searched on platform options, forums, etc and couldn't find anything about tickers. So if there is a way to have tickers could you tell me where to allow the option. And if not, could you ask your technical team to allow them quickly?

I agree I could use PRT as there are tickers on theirs but there are things that I don't like, like it doesn't show the amount of money used from balance when purchasing a stock unlike IG platform, so you go a bit blindly and i don't like that.

Thanks and sorry for the rant but needed to say it.

Cheers! 

Guest TICKER SYMBOL and STOCK EX

Please Please add Ticker symbol and Exchange where is company traded next to Company name as all platforms have ,company profile on app will be useful too

Guest Howie
On 10/12/2019 at 21:15, CharlotteIG said:

@dmedin, I completely agree. I've spoken with them about adding the tickers back into the new web platform and will keep you updated. 

+1000!!!  Please add on all lists and screens, can't believe it's not there. I'm new to this site, I want to use it, but feels risky not having them. It's a simple/unique way to identify you're looking at the right stock!

27 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

It has been over 1 year since this issue was raised. Are we to conclude that IG Markets simply to care about their customers' feedback?

Just have to click the info button to get the ticker.  Forgot about it myself.

On 21/11/2020 at 09:55, zarathustra said:

Hi CharlorreIG

Thank you for checking in.

Ideally the ticker would have a unique column in among the Positions screen.

Many of us who deal in diverse / uncommon products only know the name of the product by the ticker.  And the name on the IG system often is not familiar.  So all confusing and chance of misplaced investing.

Thank you

ticker.png

You nailed it CharlorreIG

Guest PandaFace

Why do you need to see the ticker? 

I use tickers in the search and it works. That’s all they’re useful for. That and having to display info in a restricted area. 

On 14/03/2020 at 04:51, Guest Howie said:

+1000!!!  Please add on all lists and screens, can't believe it's not there. I'm new to this site, I want to use it, but feels risky not having them. It's a simple/unique way to identify you're looking at the right stock!

On 25/11/2019 at 09:18, dmedin said:

Yes it would be useful, because you can quickly cross-reference what you're looking at on other websites that use the ticker name.

We've now added news codes into the new platform: 

image.png

• Great! 1

Yes ticker symbols next to the company names or at least an option to swap to tickers,  Would also like the see them added to the history reports for easier data transfer into journal platforms such as Edgewonk.  As there is no Profit / loss statements available for the share trading platform, only CFD's.

Guest RobK

First of all - great platform! Love it to bits with few small exceptions, like the tickers (or the lack of them).

It's great that one can get a ticker of a company but they are well hidden while they could be one of the easier available pieces of information IMHO. I totally agree that anyone into stock 'talks tickers', company name is secondary so it would be great if there was at least an option that allowed one to chose what they want to see. I would rather have the name hidden away in the 'info' tab than the ticker.

The same for open position, orders, watch lists, etc, could we have a ticker as one of the possible columns? It makes life soo much easier.

If there's another post/request of this kind, my apologies, this one is the first one I've found on the subject and it seems to be still active :)

3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Just have to click the info button to get the ticker.  Forgot about it myself.

But we want the ticker shown in the line along with the P&L data.  Some ETFs have very odd names in the IG system comapred to their real names, so when you have a large profile of investments it becomes impossibly teadious to do as you have suggested.

Most platforms like CMC Markets and others put the ticker in the line data as a column.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 25/05/2019 at 19:17, xavthetrader said:

Hi all,

I'm using the online IG platform and one thing which is greatly missing is... TICKERS!! How come a trading platform don't have tickers?! PRT and all trading platforms on the market have tickers. Traders speaks with tickers, not company names. So please could you add tickers ASAP (as soon as possible)... you see TICKER!! I need SPY, I need AAPL, I need NVDA, MSFT and so on. And I'm sure I speak for everyone else. 

I've searched on platform options, forums, etc and couldn't find anything about tickers. So if there is a way to have tickers could you tell me where to allow the option. And if not, could you ask your technical team to allow them quickly?

I agree I could use PRT as there are tickers on theirs but there are things that I don't like, like it doesn't show the amount of money used from balance when purchasing a stock unlike IG platform, so you go a bit blindly and i don't like that.

Thanks and sorry for the rant but needed to say it.

Cheers! 

Yes .... !!!! I am absolutely sick of drilling down for tickers when it should be front and centre.

Guest Crushed

Ask yourself, do they really not get how critical tickers aka symbols or codes are? Of course they do. Tickers help us, the customer, because every other site uses them. This helps us to gather info from many different sites.  Keyword OTHER SITES, IG wants us to say put, spend all our time and money with them. 

This is the only rational reason for such a moronic choice. I'm  looking to dump IG in favor of a broker that gives me tickers. 

New to IG and spent hours yesterday trying to figure out how to enable stock symbols, thinking it was standard with every platform - then I found this thread. 

I can't believe something this basic isn't a feature. Such a waste of time when you've got a high turn over and when you're referring to stock, to drill down to get the ticker symbol. 

Will start migrating to another platform as I rotate out of stocks.

• Like 1
On 10/11/2020 at 10:55, Ryx848 said:

New to IG and spent hours yesterday trying to figure out how to enable stock symbols, thinking it was standard with every platform - then I found this thread. 

I can't believe something this basic isn't a feature. Such a waste of time when you've got a high turn over and when you're referring to stock, to drill down to get the ticker symbol. 

Will start migrating to another platform as I rotate out of stocks.

It's a sad scene that IG does not show tickers. A basic requirement in my book. You have to drill down with 3 mouse clicks to get them. When will this be fixed IG?

Guest ashtool
12 minutes ago, MarkoG said:

It's a sad scene that IG does not show tickers. A basic requirement in my book. You have to drill down with 3 mouse clicks to get them. When will this be fixed IG?

I logged a few emails with the CEO and .dev team about this issue + the fact that you cannot export your portfolio to .csv file from the web-based platform (you need to download and install the L2 major trading platform and even then the downloadable spreadsheet is **** - does not include a constant currency column, which is does on the web-based platform).

Not too much luck. I think the .dev team are not really listening.

Very competetive and stable platform but missing some of the most basic features. What gives?

On 12/11/2020 at 04:07, Guest ashtool said:

I logged a few emails with the CEO and .dev team about this issue + the fact that you cannot export your portfolio to .csv file from the web-based platform (you need to download and install the L2 major trading platform and even then the downloadable spreadsheet is **** - does not include a constant currency column, which is does on the web-based platform).

Not too much luck. I think the .dev team are not really listening.

Very competetive and stable platform but missing some of the most basic features. What gives?

This is feedback I've put forward and we're going to get added to the Get info section on the deal ticket. 

• Like 1
Guest Potential client

Hi,

I completely agree with all the guys requesting tickers. I am in search of a broker to start trading and of utmost interest to me are stocks and cryptos.

Even if you’re have the same company name, often the same company is listed on multiple exchanges (e.g. on NYSE and Toronto Venture Exchange, or LSE and NASDAQ/NYSE and Xetra). 

One NEEDS TICKERS - front and center. No drilling down, no ticker buried in the description - no. Top of the chart, center of company name!

Its so basic and standard for any American broker. Why does IG not get it?!

Do you need to lose potential clients to likes of IBKR, Saxo Bank or Trade 212 or FreeTrade.

Its a simple fix with the data feeds you’re getting from exchanges as that info it’s already there - you have it, IG, in your data streams. How else would you be able to get streaming quotes off the exchanges without it?!! 
Just pass it onto us, your clients and data users.

Otherwise we might start posting on social media making fun of you not having tickers...

On 17/03/2020 at 20:27, CharlotteIG said:

We've now added news codes into the new platform: 

image.png

This doesn't really help that much because by that point you've already identified the stock in order to open it.

Try searching for an ETF using its symbol. You get a list of results and it's difficult to narrow down to the correct one.

image.thumb.png.272fbe518d5ce5551f8c4c9571b4ad1c.png

TradingView is really popular and well loved and they use the Symbols first, then the name afterwards. Check how easy to use it is and bring a few of those UX aspects into IG please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ProRealtime gives you the option to add tickers to the list/list and considering it's a IG lookthrough it's obviously there so it should'nt be too hard for IG to add it to the myIG platform, unless for commercial reasons they have chosen to avoid displaying it.

My need to tickers are:

Reports/historical view of past trades that can be matched progrmatically in Excel.

Quick reference to other market makers correlations(is it uncommon to only trade on one platform?) I'd like to compare and research on IG to ensure the Pension Fund manager is not taking the ****

consistency in research as it's unknown which market is listed on what stock exchange? since IG is absent market fundimentals the need to confirm this externally becomes a lot easier - as mentioned above: The sea of ETF's

Edited by nikstem
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 02/12/2020 at 00:33, roddutra said:

This doesn't really help that much because by that point you've already identified the stock in order to open it.

Try searching for an ETF using its symbol. You get a list of results and it's difficult to narrow down to the correct one.

image.thumb.png.272fbe518d5ce5551f8c4c9571b4ad1c.png

TradingView is really popular and well loved and they use the Symbols first, then the name afterwards. Check how easy to use it is and bring a few of those UX aspects into IG please.

On 06/12/2020 at 19:07, nikstem said:

ProRealtime gives you the option to add tickers to the list/list and considering it's a IG lookthrough it's obviously there so it should'nt be too hard for IG to add it to the myIG platform, unless for commercial reasons they have chosen to avoid displaying it.

My need to tickers are:

Reports/historical view of past trades that can be matched progrmatically in Excel.

Quick reference to other market makers correlations(is it uncommon to only trade on one platform?) I'd like to compare and research on IG to ensure the Pension Fund manager is not taking the ****

consistency in research as it's unknown which market is listed on what stock exchange? since IG is absent market fundimentals the need to confirm this externally becomes a lot easier - as mentioned above: The sea of ETF's

Thanks both, I will pass on your feedback to our platform team to see if these changes can be made. 

All the best