Jump to content
  • 0

TICKERS PLEASE!!!

Question

24 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I'll make sure to pass it on in our weekly feedback meeting. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
Guest TICKER SYMBOL and STOCK EX

Please Please add Ticker symbol and Exchange where is company traded next to Company name as all platforms have ,company profile on app will be useful too

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
9 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

This is feedback I've put forward and we're going to get added to the Get info section on the deal ticket. 

 

Hi CharlorreIG

Thank you for checking in.

Ideally the ticker would have a unique column in among the Positions screen.

 

Many of us who deal in diverse / uncommon products only know the name of the product by the ticker.  And the name on the IG system often is not familiar.  So all confusing and chance of misplaced investing.

Thank you

ticker.png

  • Like 2
  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Why do you need to see the ticker? 

I use tickers in the search and it works. That’s all they’re useful for. That and having to display info in a restricted area. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yes it would be useful, because you can quickly cross-reference what you're looking at on other websites that use the ticker name.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 25/11/2019 at 09:18, dmedin said:

Yes it would be useful, because you can quickly cross-reference what you're looking at on other websites that use the ticker name.

@dmedin, I completely agree. I've spoken with them about adding the tickers back into the new web platform and will keep you updated. 

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Howie
On 10/12/2019 at 21:15, CharlotteIG said:

@dmedin, I completely agree. I've spoken with them about adding the tickers back into the new web platform and will keep you updated. 

+1000!!!  Please add on all lists and screens, can't believe it's not there. I'm new to this site, I want to use it, but feels risky not having them. It's a simple/unique way to identify you're looking at the right stock!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 14/03/2020 at 04:51, Guest Howie said:

+1000!!!  Please add on all lists and screens, can't believe it's not there. I'm new to this site, I want to use it, but feels risky not having them. It's a simple/unique way to identify you're looking at the right stock!

 

On 25/11/2019 at 09:18, dmedin said:

Yes it would be useful, because you can quickly cross-reference what you're looking at on other websites that use the ticker name.

We've now added news codes into the new platform: 

image.png

  • Great! 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yes ticker symbols next to the company names or at least an option to swap to tickers,  Would also like the see them added to the history reports for easier data transfer into journal platforms such as Edgewonk.  As there is no Profit / loss statements available for the share trading platform, only CFD's.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Can you add a column for code.exchange in both the Orders and the Positions windows?

So the columns in the Positions window would be:

  • Code
  • Market
  • Quantity
  • Avg Price
  • etc
Edited by DPDallas
Trivial

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest RobK

First of all - great platform! Love it to bits with few small exceptions, like the tickers (or the lack of them).

It's great that one can get a ticker of a company but they are well hidden while they could be one of the easier available pieces of information IMHO. I totally agree that anyone into stock 'talks tickers', company name is secondary so it would be great if there was at least an option that allowed one to chose what they want to see. I would rather have the name hidden away in the 'info' tab than the ticker.

The same for open position, orders, watch lists, etc, could we have a ticker as one of the possible columns? It makes life soo much easier.

If there's another post/request of this kind, my apologies, this one is the first one I've found on the subject and it seems to be still active :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It has been over 1 year since this issue was raised. Are we to conclude that IG Markets simply to care about their customers' feedback?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
27 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

It has been over 1 year since this issue was raised. Are we to conclude that IG Markets simply to care about their customers' feedback?

Just have to click the info button to get the ticker.  Forgot about it myself.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Just have to click the info button to get the ticker.  Forgot about it myself.

But we want the ticker shown in the line along with the P&L data.  Some ETFs have very odd names in the IG system comapred to their real names, so when you have a large profile of investments it becomes impossibly teadious to do as you have suggested.

Most platforms like CMC Markets and others put the ticker in the line data as a column.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 25/05/2019 at 19:17, xavthetrader said:

Hi all,

I'm using the online IG platform and one thing which is greatly missing is... TICKERS!! How come a trading platform don't have tickers?! PRT and all trading platforms on the market have tickers. Traders speaks with tickers, not company names. So please could you add tickers ASAP (as soon as possible)... you see TICKER!! I need SPY, I need AAPL, I need NVDA, MSFT and so on. And I'm sure I speak for everyone else. 

I've searched on platform options, forums, etc and couldn't find anything about tickers. So if there is a way to have tickers could you tell me where to allow the option. And if not, could you ask your technical team to allow them quickly?

I agree I could use PRT as there are tickers on theirs but there are things that I don't like, like it doesn't show the amount of money used from balance when purchasing a stock unlike IG platform, so you go a bit blindly and i don't like that.

Thanks and sorry for the rant but needed to say it.

Cheers! 

Yes .... !!!! I am absolutely sick of drilling down for tickers when it should be front and centre.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest Crushed

Ask yourself, do they really not get how critical tickers aka symbols or codes are? Of course they do. Tickers help us, the customer, because every other site uses them. This helps us to gather info from many different sites.  Keyword OTHER SITES, IG wants us to say put, spend all our time and money with them. 

This is the only rational reason for such a moronic choice. I'm  looking to dump IG in favor of a broker that gives me tickers. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

New to IG and spent hours yesterday trying to figure out how to enable stock symbols, thinking it was standard with every platform - then I found this thread. 

I can't believe something this basic isn't a feature. Such a waste of time when you've got a high turn over and when you're referring to stock, to drill down to get the ticker symbol. 

Will start migrating to another platform as I rotate out of stocks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/11/2020 at 10:55, Ryx848 said:

New to IG and spent hours yesterday trying to figure out how to enable stock symbols, thinking it was standard with every platform - then I found this thread. 

I can't believe something this basic isn't a feature. Such a waste of time when you've got a high turn over and when you're referring to stock, to drill down to get the ticker symbol. 

Will start migrating to another platform as I rotate out of stocks.

It's a sad scene that IG does not show tickers. A basic requirement in my book. You have to drill down with 3 mouse clicks to get them. When will this be fixed IG?

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest ashtool
12 minutes ago, MarkoG said:

It's a sad scene that IG does not show tickers. A basic requirement in my book. You have to drill down with 3 mouse clicks to get them. When will this be fixed IG?

 

I logged a few emails with the CEO and .dev team about this issue + the fact that you cannot export your portfolio to .csv file from the web-based platform (you need to download and install the L2 major trading platform and even then the downloadable spreadsheet is **** - does not include a constant currency column, which is does on the web-based platform).

Not too much luck. I think the .dev team are not really listening.

Very competetive and stable platform but missing some of the most basic features. What gives?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 12/11/2020 at 04:07, Guest ashtool said:

I logged a few emails with the CEO and .dev team about this issue + the fact that you cannot export your portfolio to .csv file from the web-based platform (you need to download and install the L2 major trading platform and even then the downloadable spreadsheet is **** - does not include a constant currency column, which is does on the web-based platform).

Not too much luck. I think the .dev team are not really listening.

Very competetive and stable platform but missing some of the most basic features. What gives?

This is feedback I've put forward and we're going to get added to the Get info section on the deal ticket. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 21/11/2020 at 09:55, zarathustra said:

Hi CharlorreIG

Thank you for checking in.

Ideally the ticker would have a unique column in among the Positions screen.

 

Many of us who deal in diverse / uncommon products only know the name of the product by the ticker.  And the name on the IG system often is not familiar.  So all confusing and chance of misplaced investing.

Thank you

ticker.png

You nailed it CharlorreIG

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      13,120
    • Total Posts
      66,675
    • Total Members
      89,226
    Newest Member
    harrykhan
    Joined 27/11/20 11:57
  • Posts

    • Thanks @CharlotteIG ! That's reassuring. I'm sure IG have already seen this, but someone on twitter linked to this Policy Statement from the FCA, saying that it will come into effect on 6th January: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/policy/ps20-10.pdf "Prohibiting the sale to retail clients of investment products that reference cryptoassets"  Incidentally the trader  on twitter who linked to that, was commenting on the recent drop in bitcoin  and said "Crypto exchanges started announcing liquidation of UK customer accounts ..not surprising BTC sold off." Best wishes, Cate
    • Hey @Tezzza,  If you're receiving statements in the post you can stop by emailing us with a request to stop sending them.  If you're referring to the emailed statements you receive everyday this can't be stopped. Once of the regulatory guidelines is to keep clients informed on their trading. Our email statements is how we do that. However, some clients have a separate folder in their emails to forward these.  All the best 
    • Hey Cate,  It is true that the regulators are looking to put a ban on Cryptos however there hasn't been enough information yet for us to take action. When we have more information we will reach out to client regarding their positions.  I completely understand and closing positions isn't something we want to do but we will have to stay inline with regulator guidelines. Please know, we will keep you updated.  All the best. 
×
×