IG Preventing Trading

TTBP

Question

(10 March 2020)

After making 2 successive trades within the last 24 hours,  IG Singapore unilaterally decided I cannot place another trade through their trading application.

An email query went unanswered for hours. Attempts at calling their service hotline went into a voice-recording loop. This service standard is very poor and extremely disappointing. 

Edited by TTBP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Guest Andrew P said:

IG always has the same issues when the markets get volatile. I heve seen this behaviour several times, the website either goes down or they adjust the level of margin required to in my opinion discourage trading.

Remember a lot of spread betting companies only place your trade on the markets if you are a regular winner otherwise they accept the risk of the trade themselves as the majority of traders loose money and they simply keep your stake. So when the markets are going one way only and fast they dont want the trade.

Shame really as IG have a good website and information but i got frustrated with this behaviour some time ago and most of my trades are not on leverage any more i fund them fully with a broker and guess what, i dont have these issues at all and i have mainly winning trades.

interesting....tell us more ?

6 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

I think I may have mentioned this before, same answer to the same question (repeated over and over), it's almost like some can't listen or just won't. They could of course try doing their own research but ... na.

If 100% of traders won every trade, impossible of course but ..., then the parallel hedge function would pay them and IG would still make a profit. If the market is solely one way and IG was unable to parallel hedge then IG would just close the book and take no more trades, we saw this routinely during the crypto bubble in the second half of 2017, people whinged about that too.  

Conspiracy theories are much more fun than rational answers though and best of all require absolutely no real effort so hey 😁

Something just occurred to me today Casey after reading your message and observing the markets.

You clearly know I'm not a very successful Day Trader and don't claim otherwise, but on the contrary my dear boy, I know a lot about other things, but I digress.

I pointed out to you last year (I know you'll check coz you always do) that I said the market was at a tipping point....You mentioned 20?? and how that's all everyone talked about and look, it didn't (though it did actually drop considerably-I don't know how to search thru all of my posts to find the info).  Maybe you're too institutionalised I don't know, but I don't think in terms of today, last week, or even last year.  I think in decades.  History, patterns etc.  I'm no savant, far from it, but my intellect is above average, regardless of my trading ability.

To you, you may think you know me, but how could you?  It's words on a screen?  Of course I myself will suggest the same; that I know you.  I study people, forums and language, not just charts.  You typify a type we've already covered.

The World is at War...It could be argued since conception....It makes sense, the struggle for energy, power, control etc. How it is achieved is details.  The fact it happens can be observed.  The rise and fall of nations happens over a generation, not an economical quarterly press release.  Capitalism had a limit...By it's own design, coupled with Globalism, it's a timely manner of failure waiting for everyone to notice....The world as it is, simply cannot continue the way it has been for the past 100 years....The failure to control Europe and the Mid east for the last Century, has now resulted in what we see today.

In my lifetime I know only what occurs or I observe.  The rest is information taken from earlier sources.

It's pointless for me to outline it here, but I am among the many, though small in comparison, that predicted 2008 and with this,  further economic catastrophe......We're nowhere near the end of this one!  I simply cannot tell you the day, though it's already started.....Of course it's easy for me to bleat on here about it in hindsight, but....I told you it was going to drop, didn't I?

Hey, thanks for listening if you're still here.....catch you in the next one :D

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

I guess handle this when VIX is at 50 could be a challenge?

Anyone got saved by the ESMA rules?

Hmmm.  Beneficial, or Controlling???

I recently has a trade running on the Demo for Phunware Inc.  got in right at the point of the  Fakout, and thought Ide see what happens if i let if Fail to max account value of £1400....it went all the way down..  maybe it's a good thing it's being introduced....but 50% seems a little too restrictive.

• Like 1

@CharlotteIG @nit2wynit

I've been feckered with 'platform issues' right now at 02:15 ish right in the middle of the latest collapse in prices.

Why can't IG just be honest and say that you're throwing me out and not letting me trade because there aren't enough longs for me to feast on rather than hiding behind 503 errors and other technical obfuscation?  It doesn't fool me :D

Edited by dmedin
  • Thought provoking 1
4 hours ago, dmedin said:

@CharlotteIG @nit2wynit

I've been feckered with 'platform issues' right now at 02:15 ish right in the middle of the latest collapse in prices.

Why can't IG just be honest and say that you're throwing me out and not letting me trade because there aren't enough longs for me to feast on rather than hiding behind 503 errors and other technical obfuscation?  It doesn't fool me :D

None of you guys have any history behind you, if you had of been here during the second half of 2017 you would have seen the crypto market being closed down sometimes many time throughout the day, or sometimes for a week of being unborrowable or unlongable or both. It didn't matter to IG so it doesn't wash these platform problems are an attempt at manipulation, if IG needed to close a market they just would.

10 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

Something just occurred to me today Casey after reading your message and observing the markets.

You clearly know I'm not a very successful Day Trader and don't claim otherwise, but on the contrary my dear boy, I know a lot about other things, but I digress.

I pointed out to you last year (I know you'll check coz you always do) that I said the market was at a tipping point....You mentioned 20?? and how that's all everyone talked about and look, it didn't (though it did actually drop considerably-I don't know how to search thru all of my posts to find the info).  Maybe you're too institutionalised I don't know, but I don't think in terms of today, last week, or even last year.  I think in decades.  History, patterns etc.  I'm no savant, far from it, but my intellect is above average, regardless of my trading ability.

To you, you may think you know me, but how could you?  It's words on a screen?  Of course I myself will suggest the same; that I know you.  I study people, forums and language, not just charts.  You typify a type we've already covered.

The World is at War...It could be argued since conception....It makes sense, the struggle for energy, power, control etc. How it is achieved is details.  The fact it happens can be observed.  The rise and fall of nations happens over a generation, not an economical quarterly press release.  Capitalism had a limit...By it's own design, coupled with Globalism, it's a timely manner of failure waiting for everyone to notice....The world as it is, simply cannot continue the way it has been for the past 100 years....The failure to control Europe and the Mid east for the last Century, has now resulted in what we see today.

In my lifetime I know only what occurs or I observe.  The rest is information taken from earlier sources.

It's pointless for me to outline it here, but I am among the many, though small in comparison, that predicted 2008 and with this,  further economic catastrophe......We're nowhere near the end of this one!  I simply cannot tell you the day, though it's already started.....Of course it's easy for me to bleat on here about it in hindsight, but....I told you it was going to drop, didn't I?

Hey, thanks for listening if you're still here.....catch you in the next one :D

actually I didn't listen because it's rambling garbage, if you're going to quote me at least try to be coherent in your response. If you're saying you predicted a viral pandemic would cause a bear market I don't think you did.

Just now, dmedin said:

Well it should ...

Would hate to see regulators have to step in ;)

try and pay attention, it didn't matter to IG that they followed their risk management plan and shut down the market when limits were hit, exactly as everyone including exchanges do. They don't need to contrive platform problems.

2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

actually I didn't listen because it's rambling garbage, if you're going to quote me at least try to be coherent in your response. If you're saying you predicted a viral pandemic would cause a bear market I don't think you did.

No, nothing like you that twittering ****!

You lack inquiry!  

Eeeh I do miss your craic, and look forward to your one dimensional help in here.  So polite you are.  What a Gem of a personality.  

How many Likes you got this week then?  you still fighting to be Top of the Forum Leader board???

Why are you so god **** angry all the time.  Are you the Hulk?  Are you single, divorced, in prison?  

Why do you feel the need to be so offensive all the time.?

You need a hug?

Edited by nit2wynit
7 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

No, nothing like you that twittering ****!

You lack inquiry!  

Eeeh I do miss your craic, and look forward to your one dimensional help in here.  So polite you are.  What a Gem of a personality.  

How many Likes you got this week then?  you still fighting to be Top of the Forum Leader board???

Why are you so god **** angry all the time.  Are you the Hulk?  Are you single, divorced, in prison?  

Why do you feel the need to be so offensive all the time.?

You need a hug?

the thing is you ask questions and I give reasonable sound answers that you completely ignore and so ask the same question over and over again. if you think the answer is wrong refute it with facts, you don't/can't, you just pretend no one can answer. so I keep repeating the correct answer not for you obviously but for other noobs who may be listening and not realise the game you keep playing.

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

the thing is you ask questions and I give reasonable sound answers that you completely ignore and so ask the same question over and over again. if you think the answer is wrong refute it with facts, you don't/can't, you just pretend no one can answer. so I keep repeating the correct answer not for you obviously but for other noobs who may be listening and not realise the game you keep playing.

Hey my bad.

What question did i ask this time and ignore?  I'll go back and check.

20 hours ago, nit2wynit said:

My statement is in direct reflection of the sentiment in the forums;   that this instance is not isolated.  It's raising eyebrows to say the least!

How you interpret my words or imagine me naked is none of my concern. 

As for playing games.?  Games are for bored children.  There's enough of them in here already.

However, you can also see this statement that I made re; my own input on the recent matter. ^^^

I also claim to represent both sides of a discussion as I have insight into human/business relations.  Everything is a question to be answered.  Especially when money is involved.  It is the greatest corrupter.

It's a community forum for discussion, insight and learning.  Wind your neck in pal.  Why do you feel the need to inject yourself into every discussion?  We've been over this 6 months ago.  you're top of the board pal.  Relax! wear your badge and just be nice!

11 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

Hey my bad.

What question did i ask this time and ignore?  I'll go back and check.

the same old grips over and over, IG are ripping me off, IG prevent me from making money, IG must be manipulating the market, IG are working against me, IG take the other side, IG rig the platform, IG ... ad infinitum

Just now, Caseynotes said:

the same old grips over and over, IG are ripping me off, IG prevent me from making money, IG must be manipulating the market, IG are working against me, IG take the other side, IG rig the platform, IG ... ad infinitum

....I never said that!

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

short memory, try going back over the 'is spread betting for fools' thread.

Oh, wow, that far back!  Nothing about this week then?  I've barely been in the forums for 6 months but you're right!  Same ol' same ol' especially from you.

Let it lie pal, let it lie.

I'm with @CharlotteIG on this one.  Just be nice!

You need to allow people to have opinions and ideas that are different to your own without getting all bent out of shape and insulting them for having a mind that questions.

Have a great day :D

Edited by nit2wynit
1 minute ago, nit2wynit said:

Oh, wow, that far back!  Nothing about this week then?  I've barely been in the forums for 6 months but you're right!  Same ol' same ol' especially from you.

Let it lie pal, let it lie.

I'm with @CharlotteIG on this one.  Just be nice!

You need to allow people to have opinions and ideas that are different to your own without getting all bent out of shape and insulting them for having a mind that questions.

Have a great day :D

you're put forward every single one of those 'IG do this/that' at some point and I've given an answer to every one, as I say, I keep repeating the factual answers for the benefit of others.

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

you're put forward every single one of those 'IG do this/that' at some point and I've given an answer to every one, as I say, I keep repeating the factual answers for the benefit of others.

Hey, thanks for stopping by.  I've got other stuff to achieve today than more Likes!

Conversing with you is tiring and repetitive!

I'm off to read something interesting by @TrendFollower

• Great! 1
On 10/03/2020 at 22:15, Guest Andrew P said:

IG always has the same issues when the markets get volatile. I heve seen this behaviour several times, the website either goes down or they adjust the level of margin required to in my opinion discourage trading.

Remember a lot of spread betting companies only place your trade on the markets if you are a regular winner otherwise they accept the risk of the trade themselves as the majority of traders loose money and they simply keep your stake. So when the markets are going one way only and fast they dont want the trade.

Shame really as IG have a good website and information but i got frustrated with this behaviour some time ago and most of my trades are not on leverage any more i fund them fully with a broker and guess what, i dont have these issues at all and i have mainly winning trades.

There is a reason why CFD only brokers out there. We don't want to pay tax on winnings to HMRC like everyone else but we have to pay it to someone else. Nothing is free unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, HPbrand said:

There is a reason why CFD only brokers out there. We don't want to pay tax on winnings to HMRC like everyone else but we have to pay it to someone else. Nothing is free unfortunately.

If I start to become consistently profitable and make any kind of serious money I will switch to CFDs, it's not my intention to avoid tax.

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

He's perfectly right to be suspicious.  The financial services industry has been revealed to be full of merciless swindlers as scandal upon scandal was revealed since 2008.  (There was plenty of evidence before then as well, of course.)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dmedin said:

He's perfectly right to be suspicious.  The financial services industry has been revealed to be full of merciless swindlers as scandal upon scandal was revealed since 2008.  (There was plenty of evidence before then as well, of course.)

great, show us all the evidence amassed by the regulator against IG and list the number of times they've lost their licence to broker. at last someone is actually going to do some proper research and give us some facts instead of endless conspiracy opinion.The large brokers had their business model turned inside out by ESMA just a couple of years ago so should be real easy to find. I'll wait.

or are you perhaps just lumping in all brokers from all over the world regulated or not into one pot and pretending they all operate in exactly the same manner? 

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

great, show us all the evidence amassed by the regulator against IG and list the number of times they've lost their licence to broker. at last someone is actually going to do some proper research and give us some facts instead of endless conspiracy opinion.The large brokers had their business model turned inside out by ESMA just a couple of years ago so should be real easy to find. I'll wait.

or are you perhaps just lumping in all brokers from all over the world regulated or not into one pot and pretending they all operate in exactly the same manner? 

I hope IG is paying you ...

1 minute ago, dmedin said:

I hope IG is paying you ...

I would not for 1 second let IG hold a penny of my money if I had any doubts about them whatsoever, listening to people constantly whinging that they have nothing but doubts and constantly saying they are going elsewhere but never do is a total bore. Belize has plenty of brokers why don't they try there.