Jump to content

DAX


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good luck though that's a pretty strong run back up to the pivot, wouldn't be willing to bet against it myself. certainly if the Dow heads lower dax likely to follow.

Look at how the Fibs line up with monthly Pivots here 🤓  

mate, your weakness is you've got a gambling addiction, the only way out is a rules based system that you can stick with because testing proves it works or just giving up and seeking professional help

Posted Images

How much are you selling it for, and why aren't you a millionaire yet?

Share it with your family and you'll all be millionaires.  So you can spend your time in tropical paradise instead of posting to desperate gullible b4stards on here :)

Link to post
1 minute ago, dmedin said:

 

 

F*king hell, what are you proving there?

 

I am simply proving that my account is exactly like yours, that I am not a "merchant" and anything you say about me is just out of your own frustration. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 17/09/2020 at 15:26, jlz said:

@HMB

Just in case it could improve anything, this is a message that I get from IG on my dashboard.

Untitled.png.32bdce38bb20efbb94c7864e85185fdf.png

I personally think that shorter time frames are bound to failure. I can' prove it, I am just talking from my own experience. It is difficult to let your trades run over a few days because of the DFB fee but in the long run it pays out.

FWIW here is a video of someone who could trade 250 times a day. But with the preparation and focus required, I think it is the exception which proves the rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK58oT5GTGE

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
13 minutes ago, AndrewS said:

FWIW here is a video of someone who could trade 250 times a day. But with the preparation and focus required, I think it is the exception which proves the rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK58oT5GTGE

 

 

Interesting, I took a few notes. He plays Nasdaq stocks and waits for institutional moves looking at level 2 orders.

He sits down for 6 hours non-stop in front of the screen, I don't know if I could do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, AndrewS said:

FWIW here is a video of someone who could trade 250 times a day. But with the preparation and focus required, I think it is the exception which proves the rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK58oT5GTGE

 

 

interesting that Schlossberg points to discipline and flexibility - which at first "sight" sounds like a trade-off

Link to post
On 15/09/2020 at 23:58, HMB said:

ok, closed the trade and entered Dec future long instead (stop 12800).  (R2 here = closing/intraday ATH, I guess..?  will watch out for that..)

looking forward to the money rolling in...  happy to split the virtual demo funds...  ;) 

stop hit - now much lower, no signal..

Link to post
19 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Try using MACD to help give you a sense of momentum and direction

does that work?  to me all indicators seem lagging - if I see anything looking at them at all.  I need a view of what might happen in the future and why (in other words:  anticipate the very rich exploiting opportunities to take money from the less rich).

To me at best an indicator works as a self-fulfilling prophecy - which with all the automated trading, indicator trading courses, and guided algorithms may become ever more accurate, admitted.

but I I'm not an expert at all.

let me try to learn - why is MACD better than RSI?   or what does it tell you and when?

Edited by HMB
  • Great! 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, HMB said:

does that work?  to me all indicators seem lagging - if I see anything looking at them at all.  I need a view of what might happen in the future and why (in other words:  anticipate opportunities for the very rich to take money from the less rich).

To me at best an indicator works as a self-fulfilling prophecy - which with all the automated trading, indicator trading courses, and guided algorithms may become ever more accurate, admitted.

but I I'm not an expert at all.

let me try to learn - why is MACD better than RSI?

Indicators lag the market price, you can set the Indicator for certain things - using the default setting of an Indicator is about as bad as you could get it - If you blindly trade an Indicator it will not result in mega riches if it works as desired at all

That being said you can structure a Indicator to do certain things which can result in them working much better than blindly trading them

ALL Indicators measure MOMENTUM of price action - the maths inside the Indicator determine how it "looks" on a chart and what values it gives

It depends on your trading method as to how you use an indicator - but for getting into a trade right near a low point I don't think you can beat RSI 

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 minutes ago, HMB said:

ok, how do you use it?

I've found the most use for it on a daily chart, when RSI diverges from price at a bottom (lower price, higher RSI) and during an uptrend when the price is very far away from moving averages and RSI is very overbought, it's a sign to get out.  The MACD is useful for entering positions though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Just now, THT said:

Indicators lag the market price, you can set the Indicator for certain things - using the default setting of an Indicator is about as bad as you could get it - If you blindly trade an Indicator it will not result in mega riches if it works as desired at all

That being said you can structure a Indicator to do certain things which can result in them working much better than blindly trading them

ALL Indicators measure MOMENTUM of price action - the maths inside the Indicator determine how it "looks" on a chart and what values it gives

It depends on your trading method as to how you use an indicator - but for getting into a trade right near a low point I don't think you can beat RSI 

thanks!  guess it makes sense to have a view on momentum (i.e. on what momentum traders are likely to do).  will keep your assessment of RSI in mind!

Link to post
2 minutes ago, dmedin said:

I've found the most use for it on a daily chart, when RSI diverges from price at a bottom (lower price, higher RSI) and during an uptrend when the price is very far away from moving averages and RSI is very overbought, it's a sign to get out.  The MACD is useful for entering positions though.

thank you!  I guess if you have some experience using these, it becomes more intuitive.  I will try to keep an eye on them.  

Link to post
30 minutes ago, HMB said:

typo - 12540 of course, sorry

Apologies again for the typo - really stupid not to check this.  maybe should have left the position displayed in the chart as before to avoid misunderstandings.

lowered the stop now to 12613.5, simply because this would already be a relatively large gain for a single trade for me, and I somehow sense high probability that someone "messes up" the range expansion pattern/move (like a super rich guy taking money from the very rich...) - it kinda would have worked too well  (although Denise Shull points out that it's sometimes the best trades that come with this feeling).

 

1489648205_Germany30_20201002_06_18.thumb.png.9c0e685e0e3af055826853a76013583f.png

 

 

Link to post
27 minutes ago, HMB said:

(although Denise Shull points out that it's sometimes the best trades that come with this feeling).

You're effectively minimizing your winners, and it will result in making less money :(

 

Link to post
55 minutes ago, dmedin said:

You're effectively minimizing your winners, and it will result in making less money :(

 

what do you mean?  sorry, I don't get how this relates to the quote (or the trade)

Link to post
1 hour ago, HMB said:

lowered the stop now to 12613.5, simply because this would already be a relatively large gain for a single trade for me,

^

This.  Although I do it myself, moving your stop can mean that you limit your profits.  Better to trade with a fixed risk to reward and let it run till the end.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, dmedin said:

^

This.  Although I do it myself, moving your stop can mean that you limit your profits.  Better to trade with a fixed risk to reward and let it run till the end.

Thanks, I understand.  

Maybe this is generally true, I genuinely don't know.  It would have run further this time, sure, but I've seen my profits melting away often enough.

Edited by HMB
  • Great! 1
Link to post
On 16/09/2020 at 12:03, Caseynotes said:

You need 1 indicator for trend direction and force (degree of slope) and a sharper indicator for a trigger. I would use RSI for trend not trigger, same for psar.

this may seem totally unrelated - and I may be missing the point...  but above comment made me think about how to use different time frames more systematically (so thanks again!)...:

Today I believe was a good example case: after NDX overnight low was finally taken out, I tried to catch an expected rebound early.  lost a bit with fake signals I "believed to see" on the 1 min and 10 sec chart..  however the actual rebound was then indicated by higher lows in the one second chart.

probably this was highly dependent on the circumstances today though (Don Quarantino vs Stimulating Nancy...), the extent of the drop, Friday afternoon, etc.

nevertheless will try to keep this (always checking the shorter time frame chart before opening/closing a trade) as a component of a  - slightly - more systematic approach.. 

 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, dmedin said:

Are you convinced that you're going to be able to trade profitably, consistently?  Any evidence to back up that view?

No, I'm not.  And for that I have plenty of evidence.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      14,393
    • Total Posts
      70,976
    • Total Members
      59,486
    • Most Online
      5,137
      14/01/21 09:51

    Newest Member
    Couldbeanyone
    Joined 04/03/21 22:17
  • Posts

    • @Toppie_Australia If you want to trade crypto use a crypto broker such as FTX and Binance their quite reputable and their margins are hugely smaller than IG. Personally I don't like the Binance platform it's just too confusing to navigate around and their id verification is a nightmare (just don't even go there).  I prefer using the 3commas platform and use the API interface to connect my brokerage accounts.   
    • I think most professional traders have that methodology and mindset its what sets us apart from the rest I don't look at the VIX, as with cycles for you, the VIX isn't of interest to me, done perfectly well without the need for it so far and that won't change going forward  
    • Ultimately what ever happens regarding " cycles" will be of no help to me . I am my own trader    Re volatility , its my niche , My models pick up most swings high and low .  My methods are recactive not so much predictive .   Its doesnt matter where it goes as long as it goes  .  1 year predictions are just a little fun with no weight in my profitability . Most years are up so just on that you should be bullish year on year and you will be right more times than not  .  I dont care if i am right or wrong . I left my ego behind a while back  .  Vix hasnt been around long enough to have a handle on its efficacy but i have done studies on realised volatility back multi decades and i put some credence in my conclusion  , but once again it will have zero influence on my returns unlike most  . We know there are no absolutes in this game , just probabilities and possibilities , define the former and manage the latter and it takes care of itself   ..  rock on   Wise words 
×
×
  • Create New...