Features you want added to IG

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most powerful advantages that institutional traders can have is the ability to see open orders in the markets. Now you too can have that advantage with OANDA's Order Book tool. 

See the buy and sell orders including limit, stop loss, take profit and trailing stop orders of other OANDA clients. You can also view long and short positions in the markets.

• Like 2
On 14/09/2020 at 06:28, dmedin said:

IG's IT team are absolutely f*king useless.

New features get added to tradingview.com all the f*king time without the world falling in.

Lazy c*nts.

Their customer service isn't up to much either; I asked a question about an error message I was getting ('Market is not available' - despite the fact it's blatantly open) and I was told I'd get a reply the next day. That was 17 days ago now...

I'm actively searching for somewhere else now, not purely because of that mind you. :(

Sartois

• 1 month later...

Feedback from IG on all these suggestions would be nice - reasons why popular ideas haven't been implemented despite clear demand, eg online equity option trading, error-spike removal from charts, volume moving averages.

It's so annoying when platforms have a "community suggestions" forum that seems to just get completely ignored so that basic simple fixes get over-looked yet some other new-fangled bells and whistles periodically get added that nobody had actually requested nor would find especially useful.

We'd at least like to know which suggestions were likely to  be considered and which had no chance.

Edited by HeOfMuchDisgrunt

AUDIBLE ALERTS ON WEB PLATFORM WHEN STOPS ARE HIT

It defies belief that you would provide audible alerts for filled orders but not for stops. I don't think there is a trading platform on the planet that lacks this feature. I have to have my mobile phone alerts turned on so I know when stops are hit.

This must be benefiting IG somehow at the expense of it's customers but I haven't yet figured out how.

• 4 months later...
On 06/08/2020 at 18:22, eastside said:

I don't know if anybody uses alerts effectively as they seem bit rudimentary; i cant find a way to modify an existing alert or temporarily disable them. copying a watchlist in between SB, CFD account rather than adding from scratch.

Also in PRT (out of syllabus), i wish there was a way to see how much margin is required for the quantity entered similar to web platform.

I have a complex trading strategy and I could use alerts if this was included in the rest api. Pretty please?

Through the rest api, the ability to add additional stops and/or limits to existing orders if a level is hit.  For example, I have a current sell order in place with a stop at 10,050. If the price moves down to say 9,950, I would like to move the stop quite close to say 9,960. I could achieve this if I could create another instruction on the platform that specifies the level and the stop, linked to the same order id.  Also the ability to edit this additional instruction via the rest api.  The original stop of 10,050 would still be in place but would be redundant as the 9,960 stop will be hit first. This would make my day.

22 minutes ago, wki said:

Through the rest api, the ability to add additional stops and/or limits to existing orders if a level is hit.  For example, I have a current sell order in place with a stop at 10,050. If the price moves down to say 9,950, I would like to move the stop quite close to say 9,960. I could achieve this if I could create another instruction on the platform that specifies the level and the stop, linked to the same order id.  Also the ability to edit this additional instruction via the rest api.  The original stop of 10,050 would still be in place but would be redundant as the 9,960 stop will be hit first. This would make my day.

https://labs.ig.com/rest-trading-api-reference/service-detail?id=593

You can update a position by using this endpoint.

Allowing sell limits that allow for volatility or long term set and forgets is absolutely necessary. Most other brokers have "profit taker" and "loss stop" which are very basic features. So you can even set your sell price (e.g. at 10x the current price) BEFORE you even place your order to buy them.

With IG, living in Australia, trading US we are staying awake all night just watchingthe prices just so I can place the order. What year is this?

44 minutes ago, wki said:

That allows me to do a simple update of a position but not "update a position when a level is reached' ...?

sorry meant "update the stops when a level is reached'.  Here is a link to my fleshed out question: 

• 1 year later...